Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rig

So here is Tiffany's skeleton. I've decided not to use blendshapes so her face will be controlled by set key deformers. I built this rig from scratch, and put a lot of work and research into this blasted thing >_< But i can proudly say, i did it myself! build a basic rig? pffft, no problems!
But anyways, I now know how to make basic key deformers and can set up my own constrains since i now now what they actually do [ -.-*]
Also played around in connection editor when i was making the spine, neck and head controller.
Making this simple rig was a lot of work, and i really have no idea how many times i had to remake certain things just because i forgot to freeze transformation somewhere or my joints were not oriented properly. Its a tiny little step, but is very, (VERY!!!) important! Freeze all transformations, orient your joint properly before u start applying any kind of deformations on them!oh! one more thing, make sure to name everything, saves a lot of time later on and its nice to stay organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment